The holidays are often the busiest time of the year, packed with parties, shopping sprees, and traveling.
While traveling can be rejuvenating for your mind, body, and soul, it often has the opposite effect on your skin. Different climates, different (aka indulgent) foods, and disrupted sleeping schedules can all leave your skin angrier than Vesuvius.
Our skincare experts have assembled a guide with pro tips to keep your skin healthy when you’re on the go.
Before You Go
Your favorite travel bag is open on the bed. Your itinerary is loaded on your phone. Take care of these last few steps before you set off!
- Exfoliate & Hydrate with a 30-Minute HydraFacial – Start your trip with fresh skin! HydraFacials help protect your skin from damage by infusing it with nourishing serums, that also PH balance your skin. That way, the only thing you’ll be carrying on is your actual luggage, not dirt in your pores.
- Travel Containers – If your trip includes a plane ride, you’ll want to stock up on TSA-approved containers for your skincare products, or get travel-sized versions of your favorite Kalvera products.
- SPF – Whether you’re going to the beach or the slopes,, sunscreen is your best friend. But always make sure to check the ingredients!
On the Road
Once you’re living it up on your trip, how can you ensure your skin has as good a time as you are? Follow these steps and keep consistent with products that are non-toxic!
- Hydrate – Water is your not-so-secret skincare weapon. Hydration helps your body and skin cope with travel stress and unfamiliar foods. Use a hydrating mask and follow up with our favorite lightweight serum to lock the mask’s moisture in.
- Freshen Up – This Hydrating Facial mist spray feels amazing because it helps keep your skin refreshed and balanced. Whether on a short day trip or a long vacation, you won’t want to be without it.
- Gently Exfoliate – Vacation has a way of clogging your pores! Keep your skin free of debris with a gentle exfoliating cleanser, preferably with salicylic acid to help tame breakouts.
- Sunscreen Revisited – Always apply sunscreen. This is doubly important if you’re heading to higher elevations. Even in cold gloomy weather, the sun’s rays are damaging.
Unpacking the Good Times
Your trip was amazing – Totally worth the five loads of laundry waiting for you in the hamper. What could there possibly be left to do?
- Unpack your pores – Breakouts are often the worst at the end of a vacation thanks to the different foods you’ve been enjoying and the different climate, not to mention the sun exposure! Now that you’re back, your skin could probably use a vacation of its own. Consider booking a 50 minute Deluxe HydraFacial at Avanti Medical Spa. It’s a terrific way to make sure your skin is ready to take on the world!